Monday, April 9, 2012

A Year In Review

The following is a guest blog by Mark Smith.  He and his wife Theresa are members of the Northwestern College Parent Council.


As I reflect back on my son’s (and our!) first year at NWC, it is amazing how fast it has gone. Like most first-year students, it was filled with some great times and some times of wondering if he will make it. J As the trials have come I am so happy that he has been in a place where people care. At the universities that my other two children have attended you have to work at finding people who care and really work at finding those with a Godly perspective.

My son has been challenged by the classes and is really taking the next step to becoming an adult. The friendships he has made have been awesome. We have had the privilege of hosting his NWC friends at our home where they used the hot tub and just hung out. We have watched these young adults have a great time and honor God at the same time. What more could we ask for as parents?

As mentioned, this first year has flown by and it make me feel so glad that what he is learning is going to have eternal lasting benefits. Soon I will be watching him graduate and I know that I will feel that the money we invested in him by sending him to NWC will be one of the greatest investments I have ever made. We were never promised life would be easy and it isn’t for these young people making the transition from parents telling them what to do to figuring things out for themselves – this is the transition to being adults. What a great spot to help them with this transition with a Christ-centered college!

No comments:

Post a Comment